Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A book of Hope

Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Loss by Ann Douglas and John R. Sussman, MD

I am not one who particularly loves the non-fiction genre, unless it appeals to my heart, my desire, or my need for more information. This book does all of that for me, considering I have lost three children this year due to miscarriage (one in April 09, and twins in November 09). My wonderful husband bought this book as a Christmas gift for the both of us. It is a means of getting ourselves back on family planning while still remembering our angel babies. After reading some of my new fiction novels, I ripped this book of of my self and began devouring the pages between the covers.

This book discusses all of the possible causes of the loss of a child. It goes into detail about how to grieve and move on with life while still remembering your angel. There is one chapter in particular that helps you realise if you are ready to start trying again. I think this book is a must read for any parent who has suffered the loss of a child at no matter what stage.

Though I have only begun to read this book, I have found many answers to my questions. I also have written down many questions that I need to ask my doctor.

I really hope this blog entry helps those of you who have suffered decide to pick up the book and begin reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment