Friday, June 24, 2011

APS

Being diagnosed with Anitphospholipid Antibodies Syndrome (APS) has been a blessing and a curse.

Blessing: I now know the reason to why I keep having miscarriages.

Curse: I have to watch my intake of green veggies because they cause blood clots. And I love me some green veggies.

APS is a blood clotting disorder that causes my body to build blood clots to kill anything in my body that isn't me. So that sweet little baby that I have growing inside of me is being attacked and starved of its nutritional supply causing me to have miscarriages.

I wish my body wasn't so mean to my unborn children, but it's what I have. I cannot change the fact that I was born with this. I just have to live with it. So if that means taking baby aspirin on a daily basis and becoming a chick with injectables, then that's what I'll do. Even though the lovely heparin gives me bruises, those bruises are there for love. For the love of the child that I am trying to create for my family.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad they know what's going on, but I wish none of this was happening to you. (I love your bedroom idea btw)

    With me they don't know I was told they'd do testing on Adyn (my latest baby to go to heaven to join her brother Luke) but I found out yesterday they didn't. And since I've had two losses I'm at greater risk of losing my next baby.

    Oh their's something going on with blogger that will only let me comment as anonymous on some blogs (I've been told their working on it)

    Elisabeth

    miracleaftertherain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete